Thankfully, we live in a world where there will always be things that stand out to us and seem unusual. Here are six hings that are still done around the world that you might consider a little strange:
- Russia-In Russia, regardless of whether it’s just one person person traveling or a big group. The entire household sits down for a few minutes to get rid of bad luck.
- Austria-Pulling fingers or fingerhakeln is considered a pretty serious sport in Austria. Opponents attempt to drag each other across the table by the finger. OUCH!
- Denmark-If you’ve seen cinnamon challenges on YouTube then you know just how bad this next one is. In Denmark, if you’re not married by the age of 25 then your friends throw cinnamon at you all day. If by the age of 30 you’re still not married by 30 then it gets worse-family and friends throw pepper at you.
- France-25th November is St. Catherine’s day in France. For those with friends that aren’t married by the age of 25, you get to buy them funny hats.
- Finland-Throwing boots as a form of sport. It’s taken seriously enough to have championships every year!